A peachy and citrus splash on a simple whiskey shot, this delicious and refreshing Green Tea Shot recipe is one you must try. While it actually contains no tea at all, the light green hue of the shot is similar to that of chilled green tea, connecting the recipe to its name.
An equal ratio of Irish whiskey, peach schnapps, and sweet and sour mix are topped with a splash of Sprite for a shot that goes down easy and is sure to be the life of the party. The Jameson Green Tea Shot is perfect for any warm weather get-together or green-themed party.
What’s in a Green Tea Shot
The Green Tea Shot recipe contains four ingredients. They are all simple and come together easily, making this an easy and delicious shooter to make for your next party.
- Jameson Irish Whiskey. The most popular Irish whiskey, also used in this Pickleback. You could use any whiskey, but others may alter the flavor of the shot.
- Peach Schnapps. A peach-flavored liqueur that compliments the whiskey.
- Sweet and Sour Mix. This homemade recipe is the way to go. See more on it below.
- Sprite/7up. Lemon-lime soda adds a splash of carbonation and citrus.
Sweet and Sour Mix
How to Make Green Tea Shots
- Add the whiskey, schnapps, and sweet and sour mix to a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake well and strain into shot glasses
- Top with a splash of lemon-lime soda
- Garnish if desired and enjoy!
Turn it into a cocktail!
Would you rather sip on this than shoot it? Make it into a cocktail! Simply up your whiskey to 1 1/2 ounces and add it along with peach schnapps and sweet and sour mix to a rocks glass with ice. Top with lemon-lime soda to further dilute the liquor and stir to combine.
How to Serve
Serve your Jameson Green Tea Shots in shot glasses while they are cold from the cocktail shaker. Garnish with a lime wedge if desired.
Other Shot Recipes
Green Tea Shot
- 1/2 ounce Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1/2 ounce Peach Schnapps
- 1/2 ounce Sweet and Sour Mix
- Spash of Sprite/7up
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add the whiskey, schnapps and sweet and sour mix.
- Shake well.
- Pour into a shot glass.
- Top with a splash of lemon-lime soda.
- Drink and enjoy.