If you love good, chilled Japanese sake, you will love this Saketini recipe! Combining the famous Japanese alcohol, sake, with gin and vermouth from a classic martini, the result is sophisticated and delicious. It is the perfect cocktail to serve at your next happy hour.
Move over sake bomb, this sake drink is elegant and refreshing. This simple Saketini recipe contains four ingredients and comes together quickly in a classic shake and strain favorite.
What is sake?
Sake is a alcoholic beverage made from fermented rice. It is of Japanese origin and, while brewed in a way similar to beer, is drunk more like a wine.
Sake Martini Ingredients
- Chilled sake. Using at least a mid-level sake here is important. The better quality of sake, the better your drink will be. If you don’t like the flavor of sake, one of our other martinis may be more your style. Check them out below.
- Gin. While vodka is a common base for martini recipes, this saketini recipe is perfected with gin. I love using Bombay Saphire which is also fabulous in The Perfect Gin and Tonic Recipe.
- Dry Vermouth
- Lemon Juice. If you love lemony cocktails, try this Lemon Drop Martini.
How to Make a Saketini
- Combine all the ingredients in a martini shaker or mixing glass filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist and enjoy!
Since it is made from rice, premium sake is generally considered gluten-free. Non-premium sake may contain other ingredients that may contain gluten, so it’s best to do your research and choose a premium sake.
While I prefer gin, this cocktail can be made with gin or vodka. The flavor will vary depending on the spirit you choose.
Best Martini Recipes
- French Martini is the perfect fruity and refreshing slow sipper.
- For a simple yet sexy martini with only two ingredients, try this Pornstar Martini
- The Key Lime Martini is another dessert in a glass cocktail!
- 4 ounces chilled sake
- 1/2 ounce gin I love using Bombay Saphire
- 1/2 teaspoon dry vermouth
- dash lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a martini shaker filled with ice. Shake and pour into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.