The slippery nipple shot is a layered concoction with a sweet flavor. Ranking high for presentation as well as its taste, the combination of sweet grenadine, anise-flavored Sambuca, and creamy Bailey’s Irish cream liqueur create a shot that is worth celebrating.
Like other provocatively named shots and cocktails (Sex On The Beach and Buttery Nipple), the slippery nipple drink became popular in the 1980s. Many of these drinks are very sweet and can be fun to order or make, especially after having a few. The shot can be made with just Sambuca and Irish cream, or with the addition of grenadine for an even sweeter concoction. While the ingredients layer in the shot glass, they combine when consumed.
What is Sambuca?
An anise-flavored liqueur that is most known for its appearance in the slippery nipple cocktail recipe. The signature sweet-and-black-licorice flavor is often served neat or with coffee.
How to Make a Slippery Nipple Shot
- If using grenadine, pour it into the shot glass. If you are skipping it, proceed to step #2.
- Carefully pour the Sambuca into the shot glass over the back of a spoon to layer on top of the grenadine. If you didn’t use grenadine, just pour the Sambuca into the shot glass.
- Layer the Irish cream liqueur on top of the Sambuca carefully pouring it over the back of the spoon.
- Drink and enjoy!
Slippery Nipple vs Buttery Nipple
Two suggestively named shots that are fun to order, possess sweet and distinct flavors, and both contain the ingredient of Irish cream liqueur. The slippery nipple recipe is layered with Sambuca and the option of grenadine, while the buttery nipple features butterscotch schnapps layered with the Bailey’s.
How to Serve
Like stated above, using grenadine is optional. You could also use a maraschino cherry in the bottom of the glass. Serve immediately without a garnish. Used chilled ingredients for best taste.
Other Shot Recipes
- The Duck Fart Shot is another layered shot made with Bailey’s, whiskey, and coffee liqueur.
- A sweet crowd pleaser, the Skittles Shot.
- Lemon Drop Shot is a classic!
- 3/4 ounce Sambuca
- 3/4 ounce Irish cream liqueur ex. Baileys
- 1/4 ounce grenadine optional
- If using the optional grenadine, pour it into the bottom of the shot glass.
- Carefully pour the sambuca into the shot glass over the back of a spoon if using grenadine.
- Lastly layer the Irish cream liqueur on top of the sambuca carefully pouring it over the spoon.
- Drink and enjoy!
Leave A Comment